Advice and tips
The main questions and answers about stoves and heating.
- WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE BUYING A FIREPLACE STOVE OR FIREPLACE INSERT?
- WHAT TYPES OF ENCLOSURES ARE AVAILABLE FOR FIREPLACE INSERTS?
- USE AND OPERATION OF FIREPLACE STOVES AND INSERTS
- CHIMNEY TIPS
- CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE TIPS
- WHERE CAN I BUY SPARE PARTS FOR ROMOTOP FIREPLACE STOVES AND INSERTS?
- WHO CAN I CONTACT IN CASE OF A WARRANTY CLAIM OR FOR SERVICE SUPPORT?
The integrity and condition of the fireclay lining must be monitored during the heating season. The spaces between individual fireclay bricks prevent the tiles from cracking due to thermal dilatation and must not be filled in any way, e.g. with grout, as was usually done in older solid fuel heating units. Cracked fireclay bricks do not lose their function, unless they fall out completely. If a piece of fireclay lining falls out, it will need to be replaced.
Replace fireclay lining/bricks in accordance with the operating manual provided with your fireplace stove or insert.