Advice and tips
- WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE BUYING A FIREPLACE STOVE OR FIREPLACE INSERT?
- USE AND OPERATION OF FIREPLACE STOVES AND INSERTS
- TIPS FOR HEATING
- TIPS FOR HEATING
- How to use the fireplace stove or insert economically and ecologically?
- When I open the door of the fireplace stove (insert), smoke enters the room. How can I prevent this?
- Wood and its quality?
- Combustion air and its function?
- The glazing of the fireplace stove has cracked. What could have caused this?
- The chamotte lining in the fireplace stove (insert) has cracked. Does it need to be replaced.
- CHIMNEY TIPS
- CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE TIPS
- General rules for the maintenance of Romotop products
- How often should ashes be removed?
- How often do I need to clean a fireplace stove or insert?
- How frequently should I clean the hot-water exchanger?
- How often should the chamotte lining or individual chamotte tiles be replaced?
- The glass in the fireplace stove is covered in soot. What could be causing this?
- How can I clean the glass?
- Surface maintenance (accessories)
- Lubrication of friction areas and moving parts
- WHERE CAN I BUY SPARE PARTS FOR ROMOTOP FIREPLACE STOVES AND INSERTS?
- WHAT TYPES OF ENCLOSURES ARE AVAILABLE FOR FIREPLACE INSERTS?
- WHO CAN I CONTACT IN CASE OF A WARRANTY CLAIM OR FOR SERVICE SUPPORT?
WHAT CHIMNEY IS REQUIRED?
The chimney is the key element for the proper operation of a fireplace stove or insert. The chimney is like the engine, so it is necessary to ensure the correct draft. From the beginning of the project, you must have a clear idea of the technical parameters of the fireplace stove or insert. This will allow the chimney sweep to design the optimum solution for your chimney and save you further costs in the future. If you already have a chimney, we recommend arranging an inspection by a chimney sweep to determine if it has the right dimensions, if the diameter and draft are sufficient, etc.